Recipe 4: Lime & Garlic Shrimp with Hazelnut Stuffing
This dish is ideal for a special occasion, so buy the biggest shrimp your budget will allow. If the shrimp are extremely big you may need to cook them partially before stuffing so the filling doesn't burn before the shrimp are thoroughly cooked.
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons of hazelnut oil
- 2 cloves of minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon of freshly chopped dill
- cup toasted bread crumbs
- ½ cup finely chopped roasted hazelnuts
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Peal shrimp, leaving the tails in tact. De-vein if necessary.
- Slit shrimp on the underside, from head to tail, about half way through the meat, so they will lie flat.
- In a large bowl, whisk together all ingredients for marinade.
- Place shrimp in marinade for 1 to 2 hours.
- Remove from marinade, drain and lay flat, cut side up on broiler pan. Heat broiler.
- Combine all ingredients for stuffing.
- Place a teaspoon or two of stuffing on shrimp.
- Drizzle with remaining marinade.
- Broil 3 inches from the broiler until stuffing is browned and shrimp turned pink, about 2 to 4 minutes, depending upon the size of the shrimp. Serve immediately.
Note: The amount of stuffing used will vary depending upon the size of the shrimp. The stuffing recipe may be doubled or tripled.
Presentation: Arrange on a large tray. Garnish with fresh lime slices and fresh dill.