Recipe 1: Hazelnut Turkish delight
150gram of roasted hazelnuts
2 tbsp gelatin powder
2 cups of white sugar
350 mls of water
½ tsp of citric acid
½ tsp of lemon essence
½ tsp of rose essence
1 drop of cochineal food coloring
Store in an airtight container – will keep for about 1 month.
- Sprinkle gelatin over 150mls of cold water to soften.
- Place sugar and 200mls of water in a saucepan, heat until sugar is dissolved, then, bring to boil.
- To the boiled syrup, add the softened gelatin and continue to boil on medium heat for approx 15 minutes, stir occasionally.
- Remove from heat and add the remaining ingredients.
- Pour the mixture into prepared lined tins. Leave set for at least 24 hours.
- When firm cut into squares and roll squares in a mixture of icing sugar and a little corn flour